Pages

Sunday 7 February 2010

Introductory post for Northernbloke(TTMM) The new 3 million and twohundred and fifty eigth best thing you'll ever read on t'internet.

Hi my names Northernbloke, and this is my first ever blog posting. An event; in internet terms as epoch breaking as when Dawn off petrol at the Tesco's Extra at Sutton Coldfield tweeted that she thinks that Rod out of "Rod Jane and Freddy" on Rainbow has just left the store after buying 25 quid worth of diesel and a king sized bag of Walkers sensations. Well what is this Northenbloke and what is the point of this dowdy looking blog, you might not unreasonably ask? Well it's a general interest weblog, humourously (I hope!!) reflecting my many laymans interests in a variety of eclectic and slightly worrying topics. Posts will include my take on films and tv, especially science fiction. There will be reviews of these types of things posted as well. I will also be mocking the unending deluge of pseudoscientific and ultra religious fundamentalist bollocks that seems to leak out of every corner of the scienceyinternettysphere. My reflections on philosophy and life, and a look at current affairs in the news in a general way. Lastly I will set aside a number of posts to give an electric jab in the eye to my biggest pet hate of all, the lying, bullshitting, immoral and hateful right wing press we have in the U.K. There isn't enough bandwidth on the web I could devote to telling Paul Dacre and his bell end lackeys at the Daily Mail; what a bunch of fucking morons they are. The gutter press in this country are the uiltimate poster boys for power without responsibility, and even if I can get back at them, and thier lying tossery in this tiny way, than that's okay by me. We shall also look at the stupidest of the letters sent into the paper. The letters page of the Mail is singly the most simultaneously the most depressing and hilarious thing ever created in the entire universe.

So there we are. This is a broad topic blog, designed to be entertaining and interesting (I hope) and not bogged down with pedantry and ubercomplex facts. There's something for everyone! Except for people looking to transfer their mortgage. Or the benefits and drawbacks of a devolved bipartite Belgium, or the tensile anomolies of Boron. Or recritment tips for Al - Quieda. You get the gist.

No comments:

Post a Comment