Pages

Monday 9 August 2010

No Sign of my Letter.

In my last post, I showed a transcript of a letter I sent to the Bolton News, responding to the idiotic comments of Arnold Harrison about youth unemployment, where he pumped out the usual spiel about most people taking unemployment as a "cushy" option to real work. The kind of stuff that any pub bore who knows naff all about the real state of unemployment, passed off as complete scientific opinion. I sent the letter (well I e-mailed it) off Saturday morning, but it hasn't been printed today, and generally rebuttals to other peoples letters in the Bolton News get printed a day or so after the offending screed. So if there is nothing tomorrow, I doubt it's going to get printed at all, which is a shame as the letters page can be a bit of a bastion of sheer pompous idiocy at times. They could do with a good grenade lobbed in there now and again. It is also a shame, because I took that long dawdling writing the damn thing, the registration time out ooji Mcdoodgey on the e-mail kicked in, deleting the bloody thing completely. Upon which I had to write it again from scratch! Bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment